0

Gas Furnace Service Salt lake city
As assured, here is the 3rd post on: "Conserve As much as 50% or More on Your Home Energy Costs Almost Totally Free".
At this point, I hesitate I need to state we are at the end of the "FREE RIDE", from this point on it begins to dig into your pocket book. As the saying goes; "There is no such thing as a free lunch". So, if you're still with me, keep reading!


Gas Furnace Service Salt lake city
Nevertheless, if we look beyond pleasure principle we will recognize that we are all in it for the long run, that conserving energy isn't just for today, the next energy expense and even tomorrow, next month or even next year. This is a long term battle we are in. The earth only has so much in the way of finite resources and if we want a much better life for ourselves, our kids and our grandchildren we need to act now!
Ok, I'll get off my soap box and back to the purpose of these short articles, cutting your energy costs.
I probably should have stated something earlier however all of what we have done to this point is predicated on and presuming that your "house" depends on snuff to begin with. By that I indicate;
- Are your exiting windows in good shape?
- Are your weather condition seals around all outside doors in good shape?
- How about insulation in both the walls and attic area?
- Have you had your furnace tuned up in the last number of years?
- Have you had your air conditioning looked for maximum performance?

Furnace Service Salt lake city
I could continue however I think you get the idea and I'll wager dollars to doughnuts that if you have stayed with me this long, you probably have currently thought about this stuff by yourself!
At this point I can not worry enough that if you are dedicated to see this through it would be well worth your money and time to purchase "The Energy Cost Savings Manual" (see bottom of article ).
Simply to clarify, I am not a worker nor do I have any investment in the above product, I just take place to think that it is one of the better resources out there.

Below are two items I want to touch on in this post. I want to invest some time here so I am only going to cover 2 at this time.
So, here is the beginning of "The List"!!!!
1. Programmable thermostat
2. Dehumidifier for your basement
Programmable Thermostat;
Programmable thermostats have actually been around for a very long time and are an extremely sound financial investment. They can control both heating & cooling and be established to have numerous set points over as numerous as a seven day period with multiple "occasions" for each day of the week!

Here I am going to make an individual suggestion based upon previous experience. Opt for Honeywell! You will not be sorry, DURATION!
The "State-of-the-art today, appears to be the "Eminence HD 7-Day Programmable Home Convenience System". Looks like $279 to $299 plus installation; this is NOT a DIY product!
More in my line of thinking (CHEAP!), is the old standby, the tried and true, Chronotherm III, been around permanently, not the "latest and biggest, wiz-bang-wireless-control from anywhere "would you like me to put your coffee?" technology but for easy old me, it gets the job done:
1 PHASE HEATING AND 1 PHASE COOLING, 24 VAC SYSTEM, HEATING OR COOLING SYSTEM POWERED. WEEKDAY SATURDAY/ SUNDAY SHOWS, HEAT-OFF-COOL SYSTEM SWITCH, ON-AUTO FAN SWITCH, SWITCH FOR INDEPENDENT OR DIRECT THERMOSTAT CONTROL OF FAN IN HEATING, RECOVERY OVERRIDE ALTERNATIVE, WITH SUBBASE, MEASUREMENTS: H 4" X W 7" X D 2", WEIGHT:14 OZ.
EXPENSE: Since May 2010, $70.00 plus $8.95 S&H on eBay and with simply standard hand tools, a little time and GOOD SENSE, you can do it your self! (You did switch off the power to the furnace, didn't you?).

TRUTH: The typical home invests more than $2,200 a year on energy costs - nearly half of which goes to cooling and heating. Homeowners can save about $180 a year by correctly setting their programmable thermostats and preserving those settings.
The above informs me that my ROI (Return On Investment) for this person is a no-brainer or about 9 months!

Next on my list, Dehumidifier for your basement, from $200 to $400 for portable system:.
Did you know; The typical ENERGY STAR qualified dehumidifier can save consumers more than $20 each year. Over the life of the system, that's more than $230 in savings!
Under the umbrella of dehumidifiers, consumers have a couple of choices. The first thing to consider is a system's capacity-- the maximum amount of condensation a dehumidifier is capable of eliminating from the air in a 24-hour period. But nearly as crucial is the size of the system's collection container. Unless you are connecting a hose pipe to your dehumidifier (so the condensed water can continuously flow into a floor drain), a collection container's size is an essential aspect. Larger containers will not require to be emptied as frequently as smaller sized containers.
Although all dehumidifiers instantly turned off when their targeted humidity level is reached, lots of models' internal fans now continue to run to keep air circulating. Unfortunately, this can increase energy usage and produce a continuous background noise that some owners discover irritating, particularly in peaceful spaces like bed rooms.

Many dehumidifiers are likewise now Energy Star-certified, a label that symbolizes the model has fulfilled the U.S. Epa's standard for energy effectiveness. Energy Star products consume 10 to 20 percent less energy than standard dehumidifiers.

Humidifiers do more than simply dehumidify, they assist address possible health problems such as mold and mildew and also secure products saved in your basement from moisture damage.
Now this technique is not for everyone and some people disagree with what I perform in my house but, I have a closed loop required hot air system with central air conditioning; in other words, I constantly re-cycle the currently conditioned air in your house (to conserve cash!).

o, if I dehumidify my basement, why not take advantage of the consistent 55 Deg. F., dehumidified air in the basement and use it for "free cooling" at night? Yes, I do reach a point of reducing returns however generally I am able to turn off the air at night and simply run the furnace fan.
OK, we are provided for now so go grab your tools and get hectic!

Post a Comment

 
Top